Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Big or Small, Save them All.

Saturday: Me, Brayds, my mom, and some other family friends did the Susan G. Komen 5k for breast cancer awareness.  It was really fun! I was just expecting it to be a 5k and nothing really more.  They handed out tons of free stuff, we got our hair sprayed pink, we were in the top 3000 (Doesn't sound very good, but there was over 20,000 people there)  We also ran through the PINKED section where they threw pink chalkish stuff all over us.  Brayds told me i was running. When Brayds says something, it definitely has to happen. I ran it in 35 minutes.  It doesn't seem fast, but we all have to remember that i definitely don't work out or exercise, so i was pretty impressed with myself.
One of my favorite parts was seeing all the runners doing it in memory of their loved ones.  It was such a cool experience to see all their faces and see their families carrying their name on.  It was also cool to see all the survivors, and seeing how happy and cheerful they are despite the terrible things they went through.
I am so glad i got to go, it was definitely fun, and i will be doing it again next year.





Me and my beautiful momma! 






Brady Ann Harris is definitely an athlete.  She is a babe! 





No comments:

Post a Comment