Friday, July 26, 2013

Europe Day SEVEN

Today we got up and ate breakfast.  I managed to pack everything in one bag! We drove for about an hour to a little tiny country called Liechtenstein.  Its population is 35,000.  They use the Franc and speak German.  They also don’t have debt.  They are the most rich country.  The average salary is $100,000 francs.  We stopped and got our passport stamped.  It cost 2,50 Euro or 3 Francs.  But to me, it was worth it.  We walked around for a minute and looked at tons of statues.  We were there about 30 minutes, but hey…we were there.  We then got back on the bus, crossed back into Switzerland, then crossed into Austria.  After a while we were back in Germany.  There was a point when we were in 3 countries at once.  Seriously awesome.  In Germany they don’t have a speed limit.  They have suggested speed of 130 kilos but if you don’t follow it, its not a big deal. We finally arrived at the Neuschwanstein Castle. It’s the castle that Disney modeled Cinderella’s castle after. We went to lunch at Leo’s right down the road before the castle though.  I ordered spetzle which is like a noodle with cheese and onions.  It tastes a lot like mac n cheese. To drink I had Spetzi, it is a mix of coke and fanta and super yummy!  Melanie had to pay 50 cents for a ketchup packet. We had to hike “uphill” for a mile, it wasn’t even that bad though.  We got to the top and the view looks like a backdrop.  It’s so fake.  It is amazing that places like this exist on earth.  We walked to part of the property with a bridge over 2 waterfalls with blue pools at the end.  It was way cool! We walked back down to the castle and waited until we could go in.  At about 4:30 we went in and the sign said no cameras, so that was disappointing.  It was incredible inside.  I would love to live in any of Ludwigs castles.  It was so pretty.  They had rooms for everything.  I can’t believe something like that is able to be built. We bought some souvenirs and headed back to the bus for another two hour drive.  We got to the place we were eating dinner.  It was called Bella Bellaria or something like that.  They first served this weird soup that looked like watered down soy sauce with soggy dog food in it.  It was awful.  It’s okay though, cause they forgot to give me some so I tried some of
Ashlie’s and didn’t have to worry about it the rest of the time.  They brought out the main dish and it looked horrible.  We asked what it was and he said it was pork and potatoes.  It definitely wasn’t potatoes.  It looked like soggy pops.  The waiter asked Garrett which girlfriend was his and he said all of them.  The waiter was impressed and said, “Wow, I only have 2.” WHAT??? Haha! Dessert came and it was just like a cake batter jelloish thing with sprinkles on it.  Once I got past the texture I actually really liked it.  So…So far…German Food isn’t any better than Swiss food.  We went back to the hotel and man was it a weird one.  You had to buy the wifi.  It was 9,95 Euro for 24 hours and 3,95 Euro for 1  hour.  I bought the 24 hour. Ash was showering and came out in a towel practically naked and said, “I think the shower is broken, I can’t get it to work.’  So I tried and couldn’t get it to work.  I told her to go ask and she said, “look at me, I can’t!! You go!”  So I walked across the street to the front and ask.  They look at me like I am a complete idiot.  But they informed me how to use a shower. Thanks German Hotel Lady.  While she was showering, I was supposed to plug in Ashy’s ipod and I totally forgot.  She turned the shower off and I threw half my suitcase across the room and said, “Ash I can’t find the ipod charger.” She points with a dead straight face to the plug where her ipod is plugged in with my cord. WOW. I made a mess for nothing.  But it was hilarious! Then we all talked for awhile and went to bed. 

 





 







No comments:

Post a Comment